Folder for bluetooth file transfer

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mgrcommandes
Level 1
Level 1

Folder for bluetooth file transfer

Post by mgrcommandes »

Hello,
I frequently transfer files from my smartphone to my computer.
When I was using Mint 18, it was easy to change the destination folder for file transfers by using Blueman.
In fact Mint 19 manages the file transfer by itself, without blueman (the transfers work even if blueman is not set to accept files). And for that reason, the folder set by blueman is not efficient.
The files are transferred to ~/Téléchargements
The Mate GUI does not offer any way to change it. This is not the location where I want to receive files.
It's probably not hard coded, there must be a file somewhere telling where to put the files received through bluetooth. Does anyone know how to change this.
Thanks
MGR.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ahamoments

Re: Folder for bluetooth file transfer

Post by ahamoments »

I'm having a similar problem. I am able to send files from Mint 19 to my phone via Bluetooth.

But...

...my effort to send files from my phone to Mint isn't working.

Either files I'm sending to my Mint computer aren't arriving, or they're going somewhere I can't find.

I installed gnome-user-share.

Then tried the command line:
gnome-file-share-properties

and am getting "command not found"

Tried again after first using:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gnome-user-share

And after the authentication prompt, again got "command not found"

(Your message suggests Blueman made it work in earlier versions of Mint, but that 19 does what Blueman used to do. So I'm not going to try that.)

I hope this thread gets longer. If I find anything that might help the OP, I'll post it.
RIH
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Folder for bluetooth file transfer

Post by RIH »

Return to “Networking”