NordVPN Installation

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Peter Linu
Level 7
Level 7

NordVPN Installation

Post by Peter Linu »

Hi All,
I have purchased and installed NordVPN on a Win7 PC, an Android tablet and another LM19 laptop without issue.
My Sony laptop refuses to install!
Basically the terminal code refuses to work. What am I doing wrong?
" sudo apt-get install/home/petelinu/downloads/nordvpn-release_1.0.0_all.deb ". I received this code from their 'how to' manual.

Appreciate your help in advance.
Peter Linu
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cinnamon 21.3 Thinkcentre M920q + 2 Thinkpad T440p (modded) + Lenovo Y50-70 (all have VBs) + 2 PC NAS drives w XFCE21.2 + Q4OS-32bit on ASUS Atom (2011) + Asus UX305F-64bit+ 10yo Lenovo NAS for backup
philotux

Re: NordVPN Installation

Post by philotux »

sudo apt-get install/home/petelinu/downloads/nordvpn-release_1.0.0_all.deb

A little typo :wink:
An space inserted between install and /home, that's what will make the difference.
Last edited by philotux on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Very possible you also need a capital D for Downloads as well.
philotux

Post by philotux »

MrEen wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:56 pm Very possible you also need a capital D for Downloads as well.
Nice catch, MrEen!
:D
redlined

Post by redlined »

double click that downloaded .deb = nordvpn-release_1.0.0_all.deb it will auto-launch gdebi-gtk and check for dependencies then install it (and can be removed via dpkg, apt, SPM after that.

If you want to use that command line then both philotux and MrEen's response will help get that done (pay attention to upper/lower case letters, they matter in Linux. and ~/Downloads can be used to lessen typing the full path, eg. "/home/petelinu/downloads"

Return to “Networking”