Internet sharing problem

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jma-kinho

Internet sharing problem

Post by jma-kinho »

I am using the Linux Mint 19.1, kernel 4.15. I connect to internet using wifi, and will share the internet using ethernet for a IP Phone Grandstream.
And I have done:
click> network connection > wired connection 1> edit> ipv4 setting >automatic dhcp > change to> shared to other computer>
click> save.
On the kernel 4.4, the conection is ok. But, since the kernel 4.8, the phone can make calls but I dont listen the person on the other side. I don't receive calls too.
I would to know if there is some port to open or something on the iptables.

Thanks for the help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Internet sharing problem

Post by AndyMH »

In case nobody else responds, you could install the 4.4 kernel. It is an LTS kernel so supported for some time. If everything else works with 4.4 it is a solution.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
jma-kinho

Re: Internet sharing problem

Post by jma-kinho »

Unfortunately with the 4.4 I have problems with HDMI audio on the machine that I use. So I need make work with this kernel. I need to know if there was changes on iptables rules on the kernel update or something like this.

Return to “Networking”