Trying to set up LAMP server on old netbook.

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Vegasdata

Trying to set up LAMP server on old netbook.

Post by Vegasdata »

Hello,

I'm new to this board and new to Linux Mint.  Always have run windows.  This is my first serious attempt to work with linux.  I erased the factory installed MS Vista on the following machine & installed the listed software.

My machine:
Toshiba NB205
32-bit
Intel Atom CPU N280 1.66Ghz
2GB RAM

I'm running: 
Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa.
Apache 2.4.29
PHP 7.3.5
Mysql 5.7.26

I'm trying to configure a server that I can store my music catalog.  I want my family the ability to access my music catalog on my network.  I want my Toshiba NB205 to be the server.

Has anyone been able to configure a full stack LAMP set up to accomplish this?  I am having trouble configuring.

Thank you.
Vegasdata
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Trying to set up LAMP server on old netbook.

Post by deepakdeshp »

If you are ready to work only with command line, the Ubuntu 18.04 server comes with lamp installed.
Or install 18.04 then install the minimum gui.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Trying to set up LAMP server on old netbook.

Post by deepakdeshp »

You can use raspberry pi 3 plus too.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Networking”