[SOLVED] LM 19.3 MATE 64bit - After latest Samba update-SMB connection doesn't load content of share

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] LM 19.3 MATE 64bit - After latest Samba update-SMB connection doesn't load content of share

Post by Centauri39 »

After the latest Samba updates from yesterday, where some packages were updated, Samba doesn't work anymore.
When trying to connect to a share, I'm asked for the access data just like before, and the shared folder is displayed, but there is no content loaded inside.
Instead the folder keeps on loading forever without any result.

What can I do about this, now, please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LM 19.3 MATE 64bit - After latest Samba update-SMB connection doesn't load content of share

Post by Centauri39 »

The issue just disappeared!

In order to fix it, I had to remove my router from the power plug and replug it again.

I'm running two 2.4Ghz wifi's and two 5Ghz wifi's, because I have a router and a repeater and both of them are dual band models.

During my search for a solution I connected the "faulty" computers to a wifi of the repeater and everything was ok.
So obviously, something must have gone wrong with the router.

What ever it was, by rebooting that router, I was able to fix it.

Return to “Networking”