[SOLVED}Just a guess - impossible to receive files over bluetooth in Mint ?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JLC17
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED}Just a guess - impossible to receive files over bluetooth in Mint ?

Post by JLC17 »

Trying to get some files from an Android tablet to my laptop running Mint.

Installed all sorts of great stuff, but nothing actually gives me an option.

Clicking on "Local Services" in the blueman-manager icon shows a "File transfer" option that only has "receive files from trusted devices" as an option. However for reasons I can't fathom I don't see my tablet in my laptop, not my laptop in my tablet to get any pairing done (and thus presumably send files).

If there isn't a quick 1 minute fix I'll just have to find another way.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Just a guess - impossible to receive files over bluetooth in Mint ?

Post by deepakdeshp »

Doesn't connection of tablet to USB port show the files in file manager? What is the Android version?
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
DisturbedDragon
Level 5
Level 5

Post by DisturbedDragon »

You absolutely can send files from your phone to your Mint PC. Using the stock Bluetooth application loaded with Mint with which I have my Pixel 2 XL (Android 11) paired. Select a file on your phone (I use CX File Explorer) and long press for "share" then select Bluetooth. File will transfer to your Mint computer.

upload
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16C/32T | MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus | 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe | 2x 2TB Inland Gen4 NVMe | 32GB Trident Z DDR4 3600 | Nvidia RTX4090 | Fedora 39 Cinnamon | Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon | Kernel 5.15.x lowlatency
JLC17
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JLC17 »

After zapping everything from the tablets and laptops BT list of connections and re-pairing, it worked. Thanks to all for replying.

Return to “Networking”