Network stream asks questions

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
buteman
Level 4
Level 4

Network stream asks questions

Post by buteman »

Sorry don't really know how to phrase this.
I connect to a streaming service which provides tutorials. Normally I use vlc because most times lip sync is a problem as different tutors are needed for different parts and it's easy to adjust the sync from the keyboard. But now instead of just playing there is a 'play now' button and when it's clicked it wants to know how many are watching so vlc won't work with it. I am having to view it via firefox and can see no way to sync.
Does anyone have any idea how I can get round this please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
djph
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Network stream asks questions

Post by djph »

Sounds like an issue with their "service" as opposed to a linuxmint related thing.
buteman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Network stream asks questions

Post by buteman »

Yes I think they could find other ways to find out what they wanted. I just wondered if there was anything within Firefox or if I could create some script. Thinking of the time when I used pexpect years ago to handle logins.

Return to “Networking”