Netstat Doesn't Show All Connected IPs

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kh2b1
Level 2
Level 2

Netstat Doesn't Show All Connected IPs

Post by kh2b1 »

I'm trying to find the IP addresses of the game servers my video game uses. Some of the servers have them listed on their website, some don't. I tried

Code: Select all

netstat -a 
and it's not showing the IP. Is there some way to find this info? I was actively playing the game when I tried that command.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
galeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Netstat Doesn't Show All Connected IPs

Post by galeforce »

If you can install the program "Hardinfo" from the Repository (try Synaptic) it may show the IPs in the Network Section.
"Digital commerce and finance require an honesty not evident in all humans and ignored by computers."
kh2b1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kh2b1 »

Great program, thanks! However, it does not show the connected IPs.

I ended up just turning on my Windows PC and using that. I got the IPs right away from the firewall, super easy. I don't know why this is so difficult with Linux. For what it's worth, Windows didn't display the IPs using Netstat either.

I would like to figure out how to do this with Linux though. So if anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. Thanks. :)
galeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Post by galeforce »

There should have been a list of connected IPs with HardInfo under the section "Network" something may be missing in the way of a support package.
Look at the dependencies, dependents and suggested in Synaptic.
Also, though it might not show some the program Iptraf-ng should also show connections in real time. Look at the configuration settings.

Postscript: I noted Hardinfo needed earlier Linux kernel tools 4.15.0-???, it may have some function issues without in 19.3, seems no issue with 20.1
"Digital commerce and finance require an honesty not evident in all humans and ignored by computers."

Return to “Networking”