Find my Local IP

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wildhawk

Find my Local IP

Post by wildhawk »

In Mint 8 how do i find my local ip address?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Find my Local IP

Post by richyrich »

Right-click the Network icon in the panel, choose Connection Information . . . :)
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

brand

Post by brand »

wildhawk wrote:In Mint 8 how do i find my local ip address?
The simplest way to check the ip address of linux Mint 8, when using the bash shell is typing the command ifconfig. On typing the ifconfig you will not only be provided with the ip address, but also the mac address, subnet mask and other information.
If you want to know your system ip address follow these steps:
Start--->run-->Type cmd
Then command prompt will display.
type ipconfig
then it will display your system IP address
If you want to know your Network IP address then visit IP-details.com here it shows the details like ISP(Internet Service Provider),IP location,country,latitude,longitude etc..
semicolon

Post by semicolon »

brand wrote:If you want to know your system ip address follow these steps:
Start--->run-->Type cmd
Then command prompt will display.
type ipconfig
then it will display your system IP address
This is a linux mint forum not windows, you are confusing people in a 3,5 year old thread.
marceloagil

Post by marceloagil »

richyrich wrote:Right-click the Network icon in the panel, choose Connection Information . . . :)
This should be the accepted answer. There's some way to upvote this answer so she can go up?
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

marceloagil wrote:
richyrich wrote:Right-click the Network icon in the panel, choose Connection Information . . . :)
This should be the accepted answer. There's some way to upvote this answer so she can go up?
The location of this information is not new. It has always been in that location, graphically speaking, just like it is in Windows. ;)
Upvote is not a feature of this forum software. Sorry.

Return to “Networking”