Find my Local IP

Connection sharing, Firewall, Samba..etc
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
wildhawk
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:50 pm

Find my Local IP

Postby wildhawk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:20 pm

In Mint 8 how do i find my local ip address?

User avatar
richyrich
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 8677
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: Find my Local IP

Postby richyrich » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Right-click the Network icon in the panel, choose Connection Information . . . :)

User avatar
DrHu
Level 17
Level 17
Posts: 7543
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Re: Find my Local IP

Postby DrHu » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:36 pm


brand
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:30 am

Re: Find my Local IP

Postby brand » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:50 am

wildhawk wrote:In Mint 8 how do i find my local ip address?


The simplest way to check the ip address of linux Mint 8, when using the bash shell is typing the command ifconfig. On typing the ifconfig you will not only be provided with the ip address, but also the mac address, subnet mask and other information.
If you want to know your system ip address follow these steps:
Start--->run-->Type cmd
Then command prompt will display.
type ipconfig
then it will display your system IP address
If you want to know your Network IP address then visit IP-details.com here it shows the details like ISP(Internet Service Provider),IP location,country,latitude,longitude etc..

semicolon
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:26 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Find my Local IP

Postby semicolon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:13 am

brand wrote:If you want to know your system ip address follow these steps:
Start--->run-->Type cmd
Then command prompt will display.
type ipconfig
then it will display your system IP address

This is a linux mint forum not windows, you are confusing people in a 3,5 year old thread.

marceloagil
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:08 am

Re: Find my Local IP

Postby marceloagil » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:22 pm

richyrich wrote:Right-click the Network icon in the panel, choose Connection Information . . . :)

This should be the accepted answer. There's some way to upvote this answer so she can go up?

Habitual
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 4866
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:31 pm
Location: 0.0.0.0

Re: Find my Local IP

Postby Habitual » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:34 pm

marceloagil wrote:
richyrich wrote:Right-click the Network icon in the panel, choose Connection Information . . . :)

This should be the accepted answer. There's some way to upvote this answer so she can go up?


The location of this information is not new. It has always been in that location, graphically speaking, just like it is in Windows. ;)
Upvote is not a feature of this forum software. Sorry.


Return to “Other networking topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests