hma vpn not working, LM 10 and LM 11[SOLVED]

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Guan

hma vpn not working, LM 10 and LM 11[SOLVED]

Post by Guan »

I've been trying to get a command line openvpn client made by hidemyass(hma) vpn service to work, and I can't. I've contacted there help support and they are stumped as well. Whenever I try to run the execute command for the client they provide, I always get the message

Code: Select all

jarrod@jarrod-ELA01 ~/Desktop/hma $ sudo ./hma-start -l
sudo: ./hma-start: command not found
I found this problem in LM 10 and I upgraded to LM 11, hoping to solve it. The upgrade didn't help and i'm still stuck without a working vpn in linux. Has anyone seen this error before and have any advice about it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
semih512

Re: hma vpn not working, LM 10 and LM 11

Post by semih512 »

try
sudo bash hma-start -l
it did worked for me.
Guan

Re: hma vpn not working, LM 10 and LM 11

Post by Guan »

Thank you, but I found a way to make it work using network manager long ago. The linux client provided by HMA still doesn't work for me when using that command. Nevertheless, I will mark this as solved since I found an alternate solution.

Return to “Networking”