Connection sharing, Firewall, Samba..etc
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
petersk
Level 1
Level 1

File with UFW ports settings?

Post by petersk » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:07 am

I had a computer crash (I think power supply, but that's not really relevant). I can access the HD with everything in tact and want to set up a virtual machine this time with the same setup. That being said, I cannot find where to find UFW's port settings. I noticed the before and after rules look like iptables rules.

Is it safe just to copy the entire directory contents over to the new install? (Is there anything that could be MAC address related in there?) I wish UFW saved a separate file with just the results of "ufw status," but I can't find anything like that anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kurt

vanDoom
Level 1
Level 1

Re: File with UFW ports settings?

Post by vanDoom » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:17 am

sudo ufw allow 21

will allow FTP traffic through.

This is a quick suggestion for the VM but I have my doubts - use 'partimage' to make an image of the drive, then extract it into the new VM setup. :idea:

altair4
Level 19
Level 19

Post by altair4 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:26 am

Is this what you are looking for:

Code: Select all

/etc/ufw/applications.d
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

petersk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by petersk » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 am

I wouldn't mind making an image of it, but I was having problems with Grub2 and no new kernels were allowed to run, so I figured a new install was probably called for.

Although if you want to elaborate how to extract to a vmware virtual machine, that would be great.

I looked in the application.d directory, and there were 4-5 files for a few apps, but that doesn't nearly encompass all the ports I knew were opened for things like mediatomb etc. It only has the 'standard ones' like cups and ssh in there.
Kurt

vanDoom
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vanDoom » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:57 am

petersk wrote: Although if you want to elaborate how to extract to a vmware virtual machine, that would be great.
It was just a crazy idea. It's possible, but probably with a bit of hassle. Considering the image is already bootable, maybe you can do a conversion from the partimage file type to an .iso. Then run the VM from the iso. I'd be willing to try it, but I need to be a little more productive elsewhere first :wink: Let me know if you go for it...

Return to “Other networking topics”