something wrong with facebook...

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jerry_

something wrong with facebook...

Post by jerry_ »

I tried to login since i installed Linux Mint.The page keeps "loading" and never show my wall or others profiles.I recently installed this S.O. i tried to change my DNS,clear cache browser,change my browser.My ISP is OK.

This netbook is a Acer Aspire One and Internet works fine in windows7.Whats wrong? :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
barryp
Level 2
Level 2

Re: something wrong with facebook...

Post by barryp »

Hi Jerry,

If you're using Firefox or Chrome/ ium check your extensions & add-ons. If you disable them all, is FB ok then?

Cheers
Barry
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

Facebook works fine for me. Have you installed anything in your browser? Have you tried deleting your browser profile (/home/username/.mozilla) and starting with a fresh firefox profile?
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
sk8ergirl

Post by sk8ergirl »

Hello altogether!

After using Linux Mint I as well experienced some not-normal behaviour of facebook-webpage.

Right now I'm in China that means I need to work with a VPN (Astrill). When I go to facebook-page I get the login-screen as normal, but after logging-in I get connection problem - "Connection was interrupted".
Without using the VPN I can't even open the facebook-login-page, because it's blocked.
So now I'm wondering why I can open the first page but not go on logging in.

When I have a look at the VPN-client I also see that I have traffic while opening to login-page, but no traffic when I want to login :(

Because of that problems I wanted to use OpenVPN, installed it but can't find the program now here in Mint to start it...

Same situation as threadstarter: it works fine on Win7, when I can open the first page I also have no problems logging in.

Thank you in advance for your kind help!

Return to “Networking”