Linux mint mascot.

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Linux mint mascot.

Post by all41 »

lsemmens wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:02 pm I reckon Moem's or All41's avatars could be a mascot, but, seriously? Who cares? We're here for an operating system, not a bl**dy football game!
Naah--I vote for catweazel's
smiley_laughing.gif
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

Ok poor attempt at knowing what I'm doing but you don't need to feed this Mascot.
emerald1.jpg
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

all41 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 pm
lsemmens wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:02 pm I reckon Moem's or All41's avatars could be a mascot, but, seriously? Who cares? We're here for an operating system, not a bl**dy football game!
Naah--I vote for catweazel's
smiley_laughing.gif
:lol: :lol:
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
handsomegenius

Post by handsomegenius »

Is the idea here to promote Linux Mint to a mass audience of people currently using proprietary operating systems?

I honestly think it would just be confusing to have a separate mascot from Tux
SpongebobFan1994

Post by SpongebobFan1994 »

Since the current logo is a leaf, if we called it Leafy, almost everyone would immediately think of Leafy from YouTube :lol:

If we ever did acquire a mascot (even though it wouldn't amount to much in the long run), I was thinking of using a nature deity, but because the modern portrayals of Greek Mythology has gotten so overused and repetitive in my opinion, perhaps the Yoruba Religion of Southwest Nigeria would be a fresh use of mythology instead
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Clem is the Mascot :wink:
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
Petermint
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Petermint »

Mentha spicata is my preferred mint although the name has problems. If you use the word Mentha, someone will say it is politically incorrect because it contains the letters
men
. Spicata was probably the name of a Spice Girls album.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”