Telegram chat

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Nick1346

Telegram chat

Post by Nick1346 »

Today I create chat about Linux Mint in Telegram. Invite link: http://t.me/LMInter
Last edited by Nick1346 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Restored link.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Telegram chat

Post by Moem »

Hi Nick, welcome aboard! I have moved your post because it's not an introduction. Can you tell us a bit more about the purpose of your chat/channel/?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Nick1346

Post by Nick1346 »

Moem wrote:Hi Nick, welcome aboard! I have moved your post because it's not an introduction. Can you tell us a bit more about the purpose of your chat/channel/?
In this chat you can talk about Linux Mint.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

We can do that here, and on IRC. What is new about this, except that it's on Telegram?
Come on, sell it a bit... make us excited.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Nick1346

Post by Nick1346 »

Moem wrote:We can do that here, and on IRC. What is new about this, except that it's on Telegram?
Come on, sell it a bit... make us excited.
I'm bad at English... It's for fast talking, for offtop, for mobile, for quick answer and more other.
Bolle1961
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Bolle1961 »

Moem wrote:We can do that here, and on IRC.
Or google+
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

Gotta sign up to use Telegram?
Selling something, not sure what.

You might need to install other software to open this address.

Now my spidey senses are going off.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Habitual wrote:Gotta sign up to use Telegram?
Selling something, not sure what.
It's a chat protocol. Yes, you need to sign up for it to use it, and to install some kind of software. But I assume Nick is posting this for the many people who are already using Telegram, in case they want to join this chat. Seems to me like nothing to worry about.

Bolle1961
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Bolle1961 »

Telegram is an app like Signal / WhatsApp (without facebooks spying eyes).
Although you need a phonenumber to register Telegram (just like Signal and WhatsApp) you don't have to share it.
And Telegram has a desktop version, Signal and WhatsApp not
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

I make no such assumptions.
Link restored.
Thanks.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Bolle1961 wrote:Telegram has a desktop version
As well as a web version and a Pidgin plugin. That's why I'd personally call it a protocol: you don't need to install the app to use Telegram.

I use the Pidgin plugin and I like it well enough even though it's not quite finished and there are some missing features.

Tomgin5
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Tomgin5 »

Speaking of missing issues on Pidgin. OTR with Pidgin only works on 1/4 of the laptops I try to run on Pidgin. 1/2 of the laptops will not log onto any of the pidgin sites I try them on because it does not like the SSL certificates. I have contacted the site owners and they have not SSL certificates.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”