Mint needs COOL Tshirts, not just Izod looking ones

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

Mint needs COOL Tshirts, not just Izod looking ones

Post by wutsinterweb »

On this site and Amazon the only Mint TShirts I see are with the little embroidered logo in the top right of the shirt, like some company shirt. Who wants to wear that, really, it's too much like a uniform.

Other distros like Kali have Tshirts that are much less formal and hipper looking. And say cool stuff.
I've been using Mint for over 4 years, but I'm still a slow learner. I have a website: https://pickfetish.com. It is dedicated to guitar/instrument picks.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Mint needs COOL Tshirts, not just Izod looking ones

Post by jimallyn »

Years ago when I was using Xandros Linux, they had tee shirts with the Xandros logo on the front, and on the back they said either, "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?" or "In a world without walls, who needs Windows?" I just plum wore those shirts out. Wish I had bought a few more of them!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

The words 'cool' and 'Linux T-shirt' should never appear in the same sentence, IMO. :mrgreen:
idle

Post by idle »

pfft t-shirts. Show some real support and get a Linux Mint tattoo.

:lol:
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

idle wrote:pfft t-shirts. Show some real support and get a Linux Mint tattoo.
On his forehead.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wutsinterweb »

I'm not YET that hardcore, but I'm getting there, hah.

I'm 59 and have never gotten a tattoo, Hmm...
I've been using Mint for over 4 years, but I'm still a slow learner. I have a website: https://pickfetish.com. It is dedicated to guitar/instrument picks.
NoahsArk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by NoahsArk »

I am getting a tea shirt printed with the penguin logo and with Linux Mint. Underneath it will say:

Il Est Interdit d' Interdire

A great logo for the free wheelin' Linux community - "It is forbidden to forbid!"

:D
Linux - Il est interdit d' interdire
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wutsinterweb »

Good idea, many might not get it though, but the best ones make people ask!
NoahsArk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by NoahsArk »

wutsinterweb wrote:Good idea, many might not get it though, but the best ones make people ask!
You've got it in one! :lol:

That's the idea.

"Hello! Il est inter....err what?! What's that mean then?"

"Well you see, it like this...Linux Mint is an operating system which is all about freedom. No legal jargon. No thousand page EULA which you'll never understand. No spying by corporate interests. It's yours to do what you want. Join the Linux community or remain a corporate slave."

And that's just one opener! :D

Take Care - Enjoy Life
Linux - Il est interdit d' interdire
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wutsinterweb »

That's IT! Maybe we need to start a thread with ideas for Mint TShirt and Jacket catch phrases that we suggest openly and share like that, and that Clem can authorize for sale donations.

The Mint logo, sadly, isn't so badass looking as the Kali logo, though Kali logo kinda tells you that the Distro is something elite.

Mint could say "fresh" in it's logo, the logo as is is very professional and kinda corporate, but it doesn't have the fun of some other logos. My apologies to the creators! I'm no marketer, but I have wondered about this. On the one hand a logo that speaks "stable, solide, dependable" is good, but on the other hand, one that says "boring, overly geeky, corporate" might make people shy away. Face it, men, and many women, are very apperence oriented, watch the dating app TV adds "oh, he's cute", like that is the important thing...

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”