Linux software is FREE and works better than standard windows software

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
carum carvi

Linux software is FREE and works better than standard windows software

Post by carum carvi »

I had been using Linux software on my Windows OS for years without even knowing that it was originally linux software. Unless I am mistaking VLC videoplayer and Audacity and OpenOffice are linuxsoftware that runs on windows as well. I got Vlc and OpenOffice etc on a shareware cdrom.

Give FREE Linux software to people with Windows. SELL the pros of FREE linux software like VLC and Audacity and LibreOffice etc.

For students but also for elderly people FREE is a great selling point.

And VLC is the best FREE videoplayer there is. It plays everything. Windows does not. VLC can record copyprotected videos. Windows can not. etc

When I finally wanted to try LinuxMint I did it because it was FREE. Nothing to lose. I could try it for FREE.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux software is FREE and works better than standard windows software

Post by deepakdeshp »

The power security ease of use virus free etc are other msps.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Linux software is FREE and works better than standard windows software

Post by jimallyn »

I think a lot of the software we use was originally written for Linux. But at some point the developers started thinking, "Hey, this is a great thing we've got here! Let's make it available for Windows and Mac users, too." I love the Linux/open source attitude.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”