Creating a team of good artists.

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
professorsnapper
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Creating a team of good artists.

Post by professorsnapper »

niyado wrote:OK, first of all we need good artists, or good and awesome people that knows how to use very good tools like gimp, inkscape, blender, etc... If you know how to use very well a tool, all you need is inspiration.
Niyado, welcome to the forum - you'll find a great community here. As there are already quite a few active artists, etc, contributing to Linux mint, this thread might have been better titled "FINDING the team of good artists who are already here..."

As such, I'm sure you'll be interested to check out the Subforum dedicated to artwork, where you'll meet other skilled and enthusiastic artists:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=19

as well as the subforum on promotion, which you've found already. The promotion forum includes threads relating to the idea for a video project you mentioned, as well as other promotional ideas / projects. Of course, some of these areas may overlap at times, and such opportunities will begin to make themselves apparent.

I am now in the process of finding people to collaborate with on Linux Mint video-related projects - if you're interested, you'll find more info under the "Promotion" subforum.

So welcome, feel free to explore the forum, and enjoy! You'll be impressed by the people you meet, and the ways you find that you can collaborate.

By the way, I appreciate your artistic skills as seen @ your deviantart site - I especially like the image of the rabbit in the forest!

Have a great day,
Snapper.
beauvin

Re: Creating a team of good artists.

Post by beauvin »

Welcome to Linux Mint Niyado, i agree with your idea but it will be rather hard making a new complete look for mint using the exact style. You see there are a lot of good artists here but everyone has their own unique style, see our art subforum and i'm sure you will understand what i mean.

As for appearance it all depends on peoples taste, i for example like the index page, sure it could be better, but i really feel the different nuances of green conveys that fresh linux mint feel. :)

I've visited your profile on deviant art and i must say i'm really impressed, you have a great gallery (my favourite is also the rabbit in the forest :D ), you are really good at drawing. It'll be great if you could help with linux mint art, oh btw i'm not an artist but after seeing that ubuntu 3D logo i made one for linux mint too, see it here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 75#p159714

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”