More active Facebook page

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
FinixFighter
Level 3
Level 3

More active Facebook page

Post by FinixFighter »

Hi! I noticed that the Facebook page of Linux Mint is bit boring. There are only posts which link to blog news. They are useful, for sure, but I think that they are not enough. I think that through Facebook there's the possibility to get a lot of new users. But there's the need of more inclusive posts. The Facebook page should be good looking to a new possible Linux user. There are a lot of things to show. For example, you can make posts talking about how much easy is to play on Mint, the possibility to install Steam, you can share amazing in-game screenshots of popular games, you can show the possibility to install Wine. Just talking about that, a lot of people will ask for more information in the comments. This will increase the interest and the activity of the page (and very probably will grow the number of Mint users). You can also share posts talking about the simplicity of installing apps on Mint through Software Manager and also the simplicity to update them!
You can also share funny posts, for example the photo of a plant with the comment "we don't know if to buy a plant to clean air in our office or not, because we'll let them die after some day :mrgreen: ". This kind of things... in order to maximize the engagement.
Every Windows user I meet don't know that you can install apps just by clicking "Install", most of them don't even know that a lot of programs are vailable also for Linux (like Steam, Spotify and much more). They think Linux is too hard to use because they don't even know it, they have never seen it and nobody talks bout it to them! Let's focus their attention on these things!
What do you think? :)
stallmansupport.org
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: More active Facebook page

Post by Moem »

... I had no idea Mint has a FB page. That's how active I am on FB. :|

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
FinixFighter
Level 3
Level 3

Post by FinixFighter »

:mrgreen: Well, I guarantee (for personal experience) that the majority of people are attracted by beautiful and well managed pages. Linux Mint is already famous, but it still has so much potential! :D
stallmansupport.org
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

FinixFighter wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:25 am What do you think? :)
Personally? That Linux is too hard to use for anyone who'd consider getting his or her information from Facebook. Let's not put the poor souls through the ordeal...
Cyber_Ghost78

Post by Cyber_Ghost78 »

FinixFighter wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:25 am Hi! I noticed that the Facebook page of Linux Mint is bit boring. There are only posts which link to blog news. They are useful, for sure, but I think that they are not enough. I think that through Facebook there's the possibility to get a lot of new users. But there's the need of more inclusive posts. The Facebook page should be good looking to a new possible Linux user. There are a lot of things to show. For example, you can make posts talking about how much easy is to play on Mint, the possibility to install Steam, you can share amazing in-game screenshots of popular games, you can show the possibility to install Wine. Just talking about that, a lot of people will ask for more information in the comments. This will increase the interest and the activity of the page (and very probably will grow the number of Mint users). You can also share posts talking about the simplicity of installing apps on Mint through Software Manager and also the simplicity to update them!
You can also share funny posts, for example the photo of a plant with the comment "we don't know if to buy a plant to clean air in our office or not, because we'll let them die after some day :mrgreen: ". This kind of things... in order to maximize the engagement.
Every Windows user I meet don't know that you can install apps just by clicking "Install", most of them don't even know that a lot of programs are vailable also for Linux (like Steam, Spotify and much more). They think Linux is too hard to use because they don't even know it, they have never seen it and nobody talks bout it to them! Let's focus their attention on these things!
What do you think? :)
That's what the Facebook groups for Linux Mint are for. There are actually a few groups for Linux Mint on Facebook. Just do a search on Facebook for them. They have one that's a general Linux Mint group, one for beginner's, one for Cinnamon, and others for MATE and Xfce. Hope that helps

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”