Get a Well-Known Voice Actor to Narrate a Series of Cinamatic Commercials

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
SpongebobFan1994

Get a Well-Known Voice Actor to Narrate a Series of Cinamatic Commercials

Post by SpongebobFan1994 »

Although it'd be a challenge to do so (because of how many offers they receive on a daily basis), I'd like to see someone like James Earl Jones, Liam Neeson, or Peter Cullen narrating commercials for the newest versions of Mint, newest games on Mint, newest programs on Mint, etc, and put them on both TV or social media.
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Get a Well-Known Voice Actor to Narrate a Series of Cinamatic Commercials

Post by cliffcoggin »

If you are volunteering to pay for the commercials you will need deep pockets.
Cliff Coggin
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Or Rob Brydon who will do 6 voices for the price of 4
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
SpongebobFan1994

cliffcoggin wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:32 pm If you are volunteering to pay for the commercials you will need deep pockets.
I'm well aware of that. I would set up a crowdfunding campaign, but I never much luck with that, and because of how PayPal, Visa, and Mastercard responded to WikiLeaks, I've become distrustful of all payment processing companies. Instead, I'll look into wiring them the money once I'm able to do so.
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

So how much money are you personally going to donate?
Cliff Coggin
SpongebobFan1994

cliffcoggin wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:45 pm So how much money are you personally going to donate?
I wasn't going to donate the money, instead I'd pay them by wiring it to their bank account. I was thinking $500 for the minimum payment and $700 for the maximum payment, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

Does that mean you are unwilling to pay even a penny of your own money towards the cost?
Cliff Coggin
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Also there's a lack of females above so Dervla Kirwan, Joanna Lumley, Keeley Hawes, Camilla Arfwedson, Kaye Wragg, Sharon D. Clarke, Angela Griffin

I don't think 500-700 dollars would secure any of the people mentioned even for a 30 second advert.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
SpongebobFan1994

antikythera wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:34 pm Also there's a lack of females above so Dervla Kirwan, Joanna Lumley, Keeley Hawes, Camilla Arfwedson, Kaye Wragg, Sharon D. Clarke, Angela Griffin

I don't think 500-700 dollars would secure any of the people mentioned even for a 30 second advert.
I was listing James Earl Jones, Liam Neeson, and Peter Cullen as examples of voice actors, so excuse me for being "politically incorrect" :^) Also, I was guestimating on how much I'd pay them. If they want $2000, fine by me.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Give me your 700 bucks I'll do it for you. A voice actor ain't gonna be seen on screen so any numpty could do it.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Celebrities are always way over scale and can range from $10,000 to $100,000 a session – not including residuals and/or points. The debate on the ROI benefit of hiring famous people for voiceover is still alive, but it appears it’s more a waste of cash rather than a boon for moving product or people.
In other words, "not happening"...lol...DAMIEN
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

+1 for David Attenborough as spokesperson even though.
He is well spoken for penguins
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
SpongebobFan1994

lsemmens wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:50 pm Give me your 700 bucks I'll do it for you. A voice actor ain't gonna be seen on screen so any numpty could do it.
Do you have a link to a video of you voice acting?
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

SpongebobFan1994 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:01 am
A video for an audio recording? That will be interesting.

I'll gladly send you a recording of my voice just as soon as you send me the 700 dollars.
Cliff Coggin
SpongebobFan1994

cliffcoggin wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:48 am
SpongebobFan1994 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:01 am
A video for an audio recording? That will be interesting.

I'll gladly send you a recording of my voice just as soon as you send me the 700 dollars.
Not every schmuck can be a voice actor/actress. If you clearly have talent, great. If you don't, I'm not going to blow $700, as I already made enough bad financial decisions when I was younger.
Vladimir00

Post by Vladimir00 »

SpongebobFan1994 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:34 am Although it'd be a challenge to do so (because of how many offers they receive on a daily basis), I'd like to see someone like James Earl Jones, Liam Neeson, or Peter Cullen narrating commercials for the newest versions of Mint, newest games on Mint, newest programs on Mint, etc, and put them on both TV or social media.
Sounds good. But i think Mint can't afford it :D Such advertising will cost real money. It is unlikely that community Linux Mint will be able to collect the required amount of money through donations.( No so many people use Mint ).
SpongebobFan1994

Vladimir00 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:13 pm
SpongebobFan1994 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:34 am Although it'd be a challenge to do so (because of how many offers they receive on a daily basis), I'd like to see someone like James Earl Jones, Liam Neeson, or Peter Cullen narrating commercials for the newest versions of Mint, newest games on Mint, newest programs on Mint, etc, and put them on both TV or social media.
Sounds good. But i think Mint can't afford it :D Such advertising will cost real money. It is unlikely that community Linux Mint will be able to collect the required amount of money through donations.( No so many people use Mint ).
Then you obviously didn't read any of my comments in this post, because I said I'd look into hiring and paying them myself
Vladimir00

Post by Vladimir00 »

SpongebobFan1994 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:52 pm
Then you obviously didn't read any of my comments in this post, because I said I'd look into hiring and paying them myself

I wish you success in this. But if you don't have a lot of money, you are unlikely to succeed.(I think 700 or 2000 dollars will not be enough even to pay for a 15 second video featuring a famous person.)
SpongebobFan1994

Vladimir00 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:08 am
SpongebobFan1994 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:52 pm

I wish you success in this. But if you don't have a lot of money, you are unlikely to succeed.(I think 700 or 2000 dollars will not be enough even to pay for a 15 second video featuring a famous person.)
Again, I was guesstimating on how much they'd be willing to get paid. While I understand that them wanting a hefty sum is based on their experience, I doubt they're greedy enough to want $2,000,000 for a 30 second advertisement.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Remember when i posted this ?
Celebrities are always way over scale and can range from $10,000 to $100,000 a session – not including residuals and/or points. The debate on the ROI benefit of hiring famous people for voiceover is still alive, but it appears it’s more a waste of cash rather than a boon for moving product or people.
This was a quote from one of the agencies that represents these famous people.

Hope you have got serious cash available...DAMIEN

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”