Listen to users.

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Rtep
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Listen to users.

Post by Rtep »

MrEen, it looks like logic is not your cup of coffee. Check my pictures of censored post, which was censored = removed and NEVER posted. Your argument is worth ZERO. Common sense, common sense! Have nice censored life.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

AZgl1500 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:31 pm
Moem wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:52 pm Maybe you were just being a total pain in the rear. Maybe you weren't. We can't know that. But I'm inclined to think that there's most likely a pretty cromulent reason... Clem does not strike me as the type who only wants to hear praise.
Moem,
you just upped my education level :)

cro·mu·lent
  • acceptable or adequate.
  • "the continental breakfast was perfectly cromulent"
It pays to embiggen your vocabulary.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
asinoro
Level 6
Level 6

Post by asinoro »

One step at the time!
Microsoft’s Edge browser is coming to Linux in October
https://techcrunch.com/2020/09/22/micro ... D34CCjsA3m
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

asinoro wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 am One step at the time!
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN WITH ME........!

I used RevoUninstaller to remove Explorer completely off my Win10 drive.
and Echo will follow quickly, the minute it shows up.
but, doubt that will ever happen, it tried 3 times to enforce new windows Updates this morning, and it backed every one of them out.

I have my WiFi set to Limited Bandwidth Cost Prohibitive....
that stops MS updates cold.

2 Win10 laptops in this house, neither has had an update now for over 18 months.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
asinoro
Level 6
Level 6

Post by asinoro »

AZgl1500 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:05 am
asinoro wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 am One step at the time!
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN WITH ME........!
Microsoft has good relation with Ubuntu, Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu. So?
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Microsoft has good relations solely because they are paying a half million dollars per year for a seat on The Linux Foundation board of directors since they are not calling Linux a "Cancer" any longer since Steve Balmer Left Microsoft...If your overwhelmed by a newfound "Fuzzy, warm all over feeling" dont be fooled...All they are doing is admitting to themselves that they NEED Linux in order to improve their own propriatory products, no more, no less...DAMIEN
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Rtep wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:14 am MrEen, it looks like logic is not your cup of coffee. Check my pictures of censored post, which was censored = removed and NEVER posted. Your argument is worth ZERO. Common sense, common sense! Have nice censored life.
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Logic would dictate that the post you made on the 15th, that was waiting in moderation, and miraculously appeared a week later, with the date showing the post was made on the 15th, was finally approved by a moderator.

The other posts may have been denied as they added nothing of value. "I agree" does not add anything of value.
Rtep
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Rtep »

MrEen logic would dictate that the post I made was removed , never posted and was not moderated, BUT CENSORED OUT! There are TWO pictures as evidence! You probably using kind of "other" logic. LOL!
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Rtep wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:09 pm and was not moderated, BUT CENSORED OUT!
You do realize that's the same thing, don't you?
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

MrEen wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:32 pm
Rtep wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:09 pm and was not moderated, BUT CENSORED OUT!
You do realize that's the same thing, don't you?
Not exactly. Moderation can include censoring but censoring is not the only thing moderation includes.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Rteps posts are quite entertaining.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:28 pm
Not exactly. Moderation can include censoring but censoring is not the only thing moderation includes.
I simply meant within the context here. But you're absolutely correct.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

MrEen wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:35 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:28 pm
I simply meant within the context here. But you're absolutely correct.
Forgive me for going off topic but do you actually play sax? I used to.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

I used to as well. Haven't picked it up in a few years. :(
Rtep
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Rtep »

deepakdeshp, will see what October bring us. Your story is suporting my finding about Linux start acting like Microsoft: "We know Better" ........MrEen, moderate post and censore post is not the same at all. Clem "moderate" my post about ungoogled Chromium browser and it is there now. Before that he CENSORED my post and Is it NOT there! Common sense....
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

You didn't understand what I was saying but that's okay. Only you and Clem (and any other moderators of the blog if there are any) could possibly know what might have transpired previously to lead to this situation.

As stated previously, there's a lot of negative comment on the blog that is still there.

And I do know Clem does listen to the users and does implement/change things when they fit with the overall plan. At the Community site, you can search for Implemented for the Status and there's 14 pages of results, thought most aren't recent. I believe the github site is where most of these types of things happen now.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

It's been my observation on forums and such, that the ones who don't know how to "drop it" are the ones who get banned.
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick-Cork »

Rtep wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:31 pm Clem "moderate" my post about ungoogled Chromium browser and it is there now. Before that he CENSORED my post and Is it NOT there! Common sense....
I'm thinking this is probably not worth the effort, but I'll try once again anyway.

Your post wasn't censored, it was put in a moderation queue where it can be reviewed before publishing. Entry into that queue is a function of Wordpress, managed by its software, and no human intervention is required when the post is submitted to direct it into that queue. The filtering rules are created in advance by the Wordpress administrator, and your posts are being picked up by that filter. This could be for many reasons.

Writing censored in capitals doesn't make a false assumption correct. Additionally, the common definition of censorship is to suppress or delete something objectionable.

Here's some associated reading that might help you differentiate between the two:

https://wordpress.org/support/article/c ... oderation/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship
Last edited by Mick-Cork on Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Mick-Cork wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:09 pm I'm thinking this is probably not worth the effort
It's not, Rtep isn't listening to users.

The pot calling the kettle black.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
Rtep
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Rtep »

It is very entertaining experience read some logic derivation here. As I proved before: my two posts was censored out! Period. That's I was talking about. Clem is not paying attention to users. It did takes a months and months of users complying about light gray letters on white background. I was one of those users first. Clem answer they will not return back to black letters, ....."because nobody is doing it currently" . When big waves of people did not agreed, they - Clem - start calling that "contrast" and start increasing it. That's exactly what Microsoft is doing for years and years. We know better attitude. Linux is adapting it very successfully! There is more examples there.....I believe I'm not the only one who noticed that, but only a few are talking about. Do not get me wrong! Linux is still very good OS, but all those changes from LM 18 Sonya are very disappointing. Just my toughs.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”