linux mint 11 lxde nvidia driver

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Shay255

linux mint 11 lxde nvidia driver

Post by Shay255 »

I am just wondering and if anybody know what's best for my 8 year old acer veriton 7600GT. I am trying to find a nvidia driver for the 8 year old desktop and to ask if there is any stable nvidia drivers available for it. I don't want the experimental driver for Linux mint 11 lxde which is available via the additional drivers list for reason to worry of a memory leak or security problems. If anyone could recommend that of a stable nvidia driver that is .deb and not .run from the official nvidia site it would be much appreciated thanks. Its just I am still a newbie to Linux mint 11 lxde and don't know where to install stable drivers=].
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Miami592

Re: linux mint 11 lxde nvidia driver

Post by Miami592 »

Shay,

I've fiddled with Nvidia cards in the past but not that particular one. My best advice is to go into the Mint Software Manager (Menu-Software Manager) and type "NVidia in the searchbox. Install the package "settings" and the one "current" and see what you come up with.

Hope this helps.

M5
Shay255

Post by Shay255 »

You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run `nvidia-xconfig` as root), and restart the X server. this is the message i get when i install the nvidia-current from the software manager. nvidia binary x org driver,kernel module and vdpau library version 270.41.06-0ubuntu1
Shay255

Post by Shay255 »

You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run `nvidia-xconfig` as root), and restart the X server. this is the message i get when i install the nvidia-current from the software manager. nvidia binary x org driver,kernel module and vdpau library version 270.41.06-0ubuntu1
Miami592

Post by Miami592 »

Were you able to run `nvidia-xconfig` as root?

If so, what did you come up with.

Do you have "NVidia X Server Settings" in the system tools menu? If so you should be able to edit some pertinent files in there.
Shay255

Post by Shay255 »

How do I run nvidia con-fig as root I was able to run root but not able to figure out how to run the nvidia con-figure settings under root
Miami592

Post by Miami592 »

Do you have "NVidia X Server Settings" in the system tools menu? If so you should be able to edit some pertinent files in there.
Shay255

Post by Shay255 »

I did figure out the series i have its the nvidia geforce 4 series
Shay255

Post by Shay255 »

I did figure out the series i have its the nvidia geforce 4 series

Return to “Software & Applications”