Linux Mint as a replacement for a C64

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Petermint
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint as a replacement for a C64

Post by Petermint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 am

The following article reviews a THEC64 as a replacement for a Commodore 64 for playing games. I wonder how Linux Mint stacks up.
https://www.smh.com.au/technology/thec6 ... 4z9e3.html

The hardware appears to be limited. The HDMI output is only 720p, a good reason to buy something better. The keyboard is half size. You might as well buy a netbook for better connectivity. The local thec64 price is $149 without power supply. There are netbooks for $200 with screen, USB 3, and Wifi AC.

I never played games on a C64 because I always had real computers. Some of the C64 games were different and interesting at the time. I do not know if any are still of interest in the C64 form. Between new versions, emulation, and replacement games, has anyone satisfactorily created a replacement for a C64 using Linux?

catweazel
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Linux Mint as a replacement for a C64

Post by catweazel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:12 am

Petermint wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 am
I never played games on a C64 because I always had real computers.
The C64 was a real computer, as was the VIC-20.
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it. - Max Planck

Return to “Other topics”