Caffeine issues with mint 13 xfce

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
blubb0r

Caffeine issues with mint 13 xfce

Post by blubb0r »

Hi.
I have installed caffeine on my mint 13 xfce 64 bit. Ive been using caffeine for a long time, started using it with ubuntu 10.04. But somehow caffeine refuses to inhibit my system from sleeping (which i told it to do via the xfce4-energymanager). I dont know what to do, since i only need the sleeping timer disabled when running movies, otherwise i favour an low-energy comsumption.
it seems like it doesnt workproperly in genral, as the tray icon often freezes in the taskbar.
any ideas ? i would welcome any help, since this is 1 of the few remaining issues i need to manage. otherwise mint 13 worx like a charm... really glad to have found a decent followup to gnome 2...
greetings.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
homerscousin

Re: Caffeine issues with mint 13 xfce

Post by homerscousin »

I have no answer for you, but I will add this. I'm running Mint 13 KDE. I have used VLC for years under Windows. It's one of the first programs I installed in Linux. But, every time I open and use VLC it seems to override my system settings and cause screen blanking every 10 minutes. Even after VLC is closed. The only way to escape is to reboot. Kaffeine works fine, with KDE. There is something a little deeper going on here. I don't know the answer yet.

Return to “Other topics”