You Have been banned from this forum

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
mfklinux
Level 1
Level 1

You Have been banned from this forum

Post by mfklinux »

This is posted in hopes it will help someone else. I just tried to enter this forum and got a message that I have been banned because of spam, based on my IP address.
I sent an email to the moderator, but have not received a reply as of this writing. Then I remembered I just loaded some add-ons. One of these was "anonymoX" which I (correctly) suspected to be the cause. I disabled it and the problem was gone. There may be other add-ons that could cause such a problem so consider if you have add any when you have a problem.

mfklinux
LMDE

elbendecido
Level 4
Level 4

Re: You Have been banned from this forum

Post by elbendecido »

It´s true, another similar tool which is widely used by spammers, is TOR, like the plugin, change the IP, assigning another, that perhaps some spammer often used.
Remember to mark the thread as solved. Click to edit the first post. At the top, add the word (solved) to the subject line.
Recuerda marcar el hilo como solucionado. Edita el primer post y agrega la palabra (Solucionado) en la línea del titulo (Subject)

Return to “Other topics”