Advanced Partitioning in Linux Mint 16?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Epicurean
Level 1
Level 1

Advanced Partitioning in Linux Mint 16?

Post by Epicurean »

I am curious if we will be able to configure advanced partition schemes in Linux Mint 16 like many other popular distributions. For example, I do not think you can configure LVM and LUKS to work along side a Windows install, especially, if it is encrypted. The only way I understand that this is possible currently is through the terminal. Is that going to change?
Epicurean
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Advanced Partitioning in Linux Mint 16?

Post by Epicurean »

*bump*

I have emailed @root and still no response on this. Does anyone have any information?
cwsnyder
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Advanced Partitioning in Linux Mint 16?

Post by cwsnyder »

Not listed in any of the blogs or public postings. Not enough people want to have your particular combination of encrypted Windows, encrypted Linux install, and Logical Volume Management.

My suggestion, to save a lot of hair pulling or going into the terminal, would be to either use 2 separate drives, one with Windows encrypted, the other with LVM and LUKS, or to use a virtual machine for one or the other.

I sympathize with your wish to encrypt all of your data and operating system(s), but that just throws another complication into the problem.
LMDE Mate 64-bit, LM17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Debian Mate 64-bit, Xubuntu xenial 64-bit, Ubuntu-Mate 14.04 64-bit, Antergos Xfce 64-bit, PCLinuxOS Mate 64-bit

Return to “Other topics”