classic gnome desktop

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
tinny
Level 2
Level 2

classic gnome desktop

Postby tinny » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:03 pm

I was reading a review of Mint Bianca, and one commenter provided a clear detailed procedure for changing the SLAB-type menu back to classic Gnome. I would like to recover that procedure. Can anyone give me a link to the article?

Would someone in Mint forums kindly provide a detailed procedure for changing the menu back and forth between the two options.

I have read a general procedure here in forums, but that discussion was so casual and brief I couldnt follow it. Too many pronouns, not enough specifics, too much assumed and skipped.

Thanks

zephyrus54
Level 2
Level 2

Postby zephyrus54 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:05 am

There's no complicated procedure involved. Right click on the panel-->Add to Panel-->Select Menu Bar-->Click Add. If you want one drop-down menu then select Main Menu instead. If you want to remove the Mint Menu then right-click on the Mint Menu and select remove from panel. You can use this procedure for any of the panel applets.

tinny
Level 2
Level 2

how-to change menu

Postby tinny » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:07 am

found it at DistroWatch:

If you don't like the default menu, (which I initially did not like and still have mixed feelings about);
Right-Click on "Bianca" on the Panel and select "Remove from Panel".
Bingo! It's gone.
Right-Click on an open spot on the panel and select "Add to Panel", scroll down and double-click on "Main Menu" or "Menu Bar"(which ever you like best), and Bingo! you have a new menu.
If you ever want the "slab" back, choose "Linux Mint Menu".
It's that simple. You have 3 choices.
I personally keep the "Linux Mint Menu" and "Main Menu" on my panel, so I can go either way I like.
The "Menu Bar" is identical to Ubuntu and most standard Gnome default menus.

tinny
Level 2
Level 2

howto: put panel on top

Postby tinny » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:57 pm

Ah, that's much better. Now can you tell me how to put the panel on top, like in Ubuntu. The panel with menu is on the bottom right now.

Thanks

AlsaPhil
Level 4
Level 4

Postby AlsaPhil » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:24 am

drag and drop :lol:

Return to “Other topics”