Board attachment quota?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
expat_tony

Board attachment quota?

Post by expat_tony »

I just tried to upload an attachment to a post and saw in big red letters:

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

What does this mean; my quota, today's quota, July's quota? When will you start counting the new quota from zero?
Could a moderator enlighten us please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Board attachment quota?

Post by xenopeek »

This mean all the disk space reserved for everybody's attachments has been used up. I'll get in contact with Clem and see if we can increase it.
expat_tony

Post by expat_tony »

Could you update us on progress and/or prognosis, please?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Haven't yet been able to catch Clem to discuss this.

To anybody reading this and wanting to help give the server a little room, see if you can perhaps delete some of your attachments from very long ago. You can do that on your UCP here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/ucp.php?i=a ... ttachments
gtsfer

Post by gtsfer »

Duly noted and I'll hold this option in reserve. Signed up on the forums last year, but only got active on here since March 2014. So none of my attachments are really in the "old" category.

It's been intermittently working since it must be right at the quota threshold. I was able to add one today, yesterday was much more problematic. I take it some of the admins and moderators have been cleaning up on their own maybe. Thanks for the update Xenopeek!
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

I was a bit surprised that attachments were allowed at all because of the disk space used. Some other forums make you use a link code like BBC with the image stored on a host server but without size limitations. This forum has a size limitation considerably smaller than that used for the attachment. If not for that limitation it would be a good alternative to storing images on the Mint server. Yes you can link to an image but that's more work for lazy readers like me.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Problem solved; attachment disk space quota has been extended just now. It should last us another few years, based on past numbers.
expat_tony

Post by expat_tony »

Thanks for letting us know. :)

Return to “Other topics”