KPowersave Woes

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nick
Level 5
Level 5

KPowersave Woes

Post by nick »

Hi
Edgy bug?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... +bug/64646

Although I do not have a laptop, (running Bianca with KDE installed, I get told by Synaptic that if I want to install Kpowersave, I will have to uninstall KDE!! :)
Nick
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

Put your script in the /etc/rc.local file.

then at each boot or run level change it will get run.

:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

in the /etc/rc.local file put you two lines.

killall -QUIT hald-addon-acpi
/etc/init.d/powersaved restart

this will only run once at boot.

:D
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

hald-addon-acpi is an executable of the hald daemon, from its library.
the hald daemon is started by the dbus daemon which is started before the powersaved daemon.

if you are killing off the hald-addon-acpi, and it does not restart, then why not try moving/deleting/renaming /usr/lib/hal/hald-addon-acpi.
but i expect this to have all sorts of strange/bad effects with other devices. maybe.
worth a try.

you may just have to restart powersaved ,or this may not be required at all once hald-addon-acpi is gone.

how about manually starting acpi via the rc.local so it starts after the powersaved has started.

just some ideas.

I see this is an ongoing bug in ubuntu that started in edgy and has not been fixed yet even in fiesty....

Return to “Other topics”