Mouse single click acts like double or multiple clicks

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hpmital
Level 1
Level 1

Mouse single click acts like double or multiple clicks

Post by hpmital »

I am using Mint 18 cinnamon. For sometime now I have been experiencing mouse click problem. Most of the time, a single click works like multiple clicks. I have set single click to select and double click to open. But most often, single click on a folder in file browser results in the folder opening in another window. Often it opens in 2 windows. I have tried to adjust the sensitivity and double click speed etc. from minimum to maximum and back, without any change in the behavior. I have verified that my mouse is OK, as I find that it behaves good on Windows 10. Can anyone help please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mouse single click acts like double or multiple clicks

Post by xenopeek »

What is the make & model of your mouse? Please also include the output of the command lsusb run from the terminal so we can see exact device id of the mouse.

Some mice are problematic due to lack of support, like certain Razer mice.
hpmital
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED} Mouse single click acts like double or multiple clicks

Post by hpmital »

The mouse is ZEBRONICS model SURFER.
The output of the command is :
hari@hari-Aspire ~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 007: ID 1d57:2400 Xenta Wireless Mouse Receiver
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0489:e04e Foxconn / Hon Hai
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04f2:b3d6 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
hari@hari-Aspire ~ $

But I must report that the problem seems to have been in my mouse and it looks as if it is resolved all by itself. it is now on a rare occasion that a prolonged single click behaves like a double click. I am sorry to have caused inconvenience. If others too have reported similar behavior, you may use my inputs if it helps. I would rather close this here and am therefore marking it as SOLVED

Return to “Other topics”