Problem with Yahoo mail

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
DalatKid17
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with Yahoo mail

Postby DalatKid17 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:38 am

Can anyone please tell me how to correct my problem with Chrome and Firefox and logging into Yahoo Mail.
Yahoo mail keeps asking me to upgrade both the Chrome browser (55 0 2883 87) and the latest Firefox browser but as far as i am aware i have the latest available.
See attached screen copy.
Incidentally i have asked Yahoo and they say it is not a fault at their end.

Cosmo.
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Problem with Yahoo mail

Postby Cosmo. » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:48 am

There is no screenshot.

At least the version of Chrome is outdated.

rc_racer
Level 2
Level 2

Postby rc_racer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:35 am

As far as I know, If you did not download Firefox when you downloaded your OS but added it after you download Linux Mint you may need to do a manual update rather than wait for it to update automatically. You can go to the Firefox web site and look at their update information and it will tell you how to upgrade the current version of Firefox that you have. Also Yahoo wants you to accept their cookies and does not make it easy to work with if you do not. Thats the way it seems to me. I do not know this for certain but you may need to go into your preference in your Firefox browser and set it to accept cookies and clear them immediately after closing. Maybe it will then recognize and work with your Firefox browser. Honestly this is just something I would do Just in case it would solve the issue. It would not hurt to try or look into. I'm not an expert here and I know what its like to be new to all this so I want to help. I hope you get it resolved.

crobar
Level 1
Level 1

Postby crobar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:57 am

I had this problem recently, you can get around it (at least on Chromuim) using the "User-Agent Switcher for Chrome" extension. Details in an answer on the yahoo site https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Inbox-Management/Can-t-Access-Yahoo-Mail-on-Chromium/m-p/312372/thread-id/1628/highlight/false (scroll to the bottom, it's not the accepted answer).

Return to “Other topics”