How can I change the Display Manager's resolution?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
randomNick3229

How can I change the Display Manager's resolution?

Post by randomNick3229 »

Good morning everyone,

first off, this isn't exactly an issue I have with a specific Mint variant exactly (that would be Mint 18.1 KDE in my case) but rather a long term issue that's following me ever since I ran Debian7 back in the day on my desktop machine.

Now about the problem itself, my desktop is using my TV as a screen that is optimized for displaying pictures at 1280x720 (720p) and going from the nVidia drivers, also GNU/Linux is set to run at said resolution.
However whenever I boot up the system again (which can happen relatively often due to dualbooting with Windows) the display manager (SDDM at this point) is potraited in 1920x1080 and things won't change before I log into my account.

So here's the question, how can I change this behavior to set the DM's resolution myself?
To searchpage things isn't helping much, it's rather confusing as every DM seems to have it's own configuration which can either be complicated or totally confusing.

Hope someone's here to help me out :oops:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Other topics”