Logout/Shutdown Problem

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
g33zr

Logout/Shutdown Problem

Post by g33zr »

I'm running Mint 18.1 Cinnamon on my aging System76 Pangolin laptop and have no problem with logout/shutdown. However, on my new System76 Sable desktop, I'm unable to shutdown after I logout because the system hangs during shutdown.

Since this problem didn't occur when I ran Ubuntu or Ubuntu MATE, or when using other distros with VirtualBox, I'm wondering if it is a Mint bug or a combination of that and my hardware.

What I'd really like to see with Mint is being able to shutdown using the keyboard shortcut Alt-F4 after logging out using Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Presently, I can log out with the shortcut, but either must click on shutdown or typing into terminal "sudo shutdown -P now to shutdown".
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Other topics”