Rocketboard Model 100 Keyboard

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Amii_Leigh
Level 5
Level 5

Rocketboard Model 100 Keyboard

Post by Amii_Leigh »

Does anyone remember the Rocketboard keyboard? I know it's sixteen years old, but mine (the one I'm using right now) works fine! Honest, it does. It IS a bit noisy, but it does work.

I'm having a problem with getting the extra function keys to work. That is, I have eighteen extra keys above the function keys on the keyboard, and about half of them do nothing. I don't know about you, but that bugs me.

Here is a picture of my pride and joy, about halfway down the page. and a picture of mine.
I've already tried mapping them with xev, but they won't register as doing anything. Besides telling me to pitch this relic into the nearest dumpster, is there any way to fix these extra keys so that they will do *something* useful?

Thanks for any positive response!

Namaste!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
नमस्ते = Namaste
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells.
I honor the place in you in which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.
When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are one.
MikeBryan70

Re: Rocketboard Model 100 Keyboard

Post by MikeBryan70 »

Amii_Leigh,

I know that its been about one year since your post, but wanted to inform you that my school just recycled about 20 or so. I, along with 10ish other people, were allowed to keep one. I would love to use it as it about 1 and a half years older than me. Anyone advice on setup would be helpful. Thanks!
Amii_Leigh
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Rocketboard Model 100 Keyboard

Post by Amii_Leigh »

Wow! I never expected a post to this!
Anyway, all you have to do to set up keys (and you're using Linux Mint Cinnamon) is to go into Keyboard/Shortcuts and define keys as I did in the link photo. I couldn't assign any others unfortunately, but the ones I have mostly work fine.
नमस्ते = Namaste
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells.
I honor the place in you in which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.
When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are one.

Return to “Other topics”