Shutdown problem ...

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Alb1
Level 2
Level 2

Shutdown problem ...

Post by Alb1 »

Hello, I'm using Linux Mint 18 Xfce with satifaction, but I have a problem: sometimes the shutdown process doesn't come to an end, it hangs on and I have to switch off the PC or push the reset button ... Is there a way to get round this problem? :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Shutdown problem ...

Post by deepakdeshp »

This can happen if there is some unrecoverable hardware error,like system trying to read dvd, and retrying the same because of error. Please get your disk checked for errors.

https://help.ubuntu.com/16.10/ubuntu-he ... check.html
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
daret

Post by daret »

I have had similar problem with Mint 17.

On one PC it probably was HDD with random failures (Probably, I'm testing it with new HDD).

The second-Notebook, it was a problem with virtualbox dkms package witch was installed by default, even if virtualbox itself was not.
If you don't use viirtualbox uninstall all virtualbox packages.
Alb1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Alb1 »

Thank you two, for advice and explanations :) I'll follow your advice

Return to “Other topics”