[Solved] [LM 18.1 / Cinnamon 3.2.7] Shut down and Nemo issues

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HarryF
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [Solved] [LM 18.1 / Cinnamon 3.2.7] Shut down and Nemo issues

Post by HarryF »

I can't really believe but I finally found the reason for the instability of my Linux system:

It was the theme "Dark Void" I had installed.

How did I find it out?
I looked through every piece of software and hardware of my pc. And I tried to remember every change I made apart from the standard installation. I uninstalled a few applications and reinstalled them as I saw that they weren't the cause for the problems. By Chance I read a thread in a forum about an absolutely different problem with themes and I remembered the theme I had installed. After a reset to the standard LM theme I worked several hours without any problems - and I still do.

I don't want to know why a popular theme like Void lead to problems like this and why I'm the only one who seems to have these problems. I'm glad that I can work now - that's enough for me.

Thanks again for your help.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: [Solved] [LM 18.1 / Cinnamon 3.2.7] Shut down and Nemo issues

Post by austin.texas »

You are running LM 18.1 with Cinnamon 3.2.7
Substantial changes were introduced in Mint 18.1, and themes designed for previous versions of cinnamon are not going to perform correctly.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018

Return to “Other topics”