nemo locks cinamon

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
stanley83
Level 1
Level 1

nemo locks cinamon

Postby stanley83 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi, I'm copying a few audio CDs to a USB stick. Okay so it fails to read the audio track (not often) but I'm stuck and either change users or reboot to get out of it. This is usually from a CD-R that was put together by amateur music lovers. I suspect a bug in nemo. Any ideas?
Regards Ian.

Petermint
Level 4
Level 4

Re: nemo locks cinamon

Postby Petermint » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:00 am

There are a few related problems with audio in LM 18.1 and 18.2. For one problem, you open the command line box, enter pacmd then exit. There are problems when you use Skype then media player or Adobe then media player or switch from video to audio. Some of the known errors are from "upstream" which means the LM team will wait for fixes flowing down from upstream. You can look for error messages in syslog or use dmesg to see recent errors. The error messages might identify the exact error and connect to a known issue.

Errors can also stem from USB connected devices. If your CD drive is connected through USB, use lsusb to find the USB device id and google problems related to that USB id.

Return to “Other topics”