Documentation Error

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mamun009

Documentation Error

Post by Mamun009 »

In many time on internet we see some wrong information in documentation . And when some one know there is fake and want to report on this fake information, they face a first problem where to report??
Because this is not software bug, or using problem of hardware and software.

In >>https://www.linuxmint.com/documentation.php

The user guide option there is wrong information about documentary team.
In Bangali language, the Bangladesh documentation team is translate this document in Bangla, But there is no Bangladeshi Flag Language section.
There is indian flag,

I hope linux mint will solve this problem,, And will be make a new Section Documentation Error. It will be helpful to all.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mute Ant

Re: Documentaion Error

Post by Mute Ant »

"many time on internet we see some wrong information" Well yes. If the page does not invite comment or correction I tend to ignore it. I fondly recall a software vendor who claimed "we do not except any liability" in their terms and conditions, making them totally responsible for everything. Ideas that generate work for someone else are easy to ignore as well.
Mamun009

Post by Mamun009 »

"Mute Ant" What should i do for reporting this wrong information, is there is nothing in linux mint to report this....
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

I wouldn't worry about it. Those docs are generally out of date and not very good anyway. Everyone looks at them at first and then forgets about them. You aren't missing much.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Mamun009

Post by Mamun009 »

"Hoser Rob", But this is really bad , when a new linux user want to learn about linux mint. If he/she don't know the real thing ,"those docs are generally out of date" they will be misguided and don't be satisfied on linux mint.

And they will be know linux is a uncompleted OS.
I think linux should be aware this kind of situation.
NChewie

Post by NChewie »

Mamun009 wrote:...there is no Bangladeshi Flag Language section...
...And they will be know linux is a uncompleted OS.
The lack of user documentation in any particular language has no connection with whether linux is an uncompleted OS.

If you want to improve the situation, then https://www.linuxmint.com/getinvolved.php states:

Translations

If you can read English and if you speak another language, you can help us translate Linux Mint. Your efforts will allow Linux Mint to fully support display in your language.
Mamun009

Post by Mamun009 »

"NChewie " i saw in documentation section Linux mint MATE Edition 11, in This Documentation Section the document is translate in bangla by Bangladesh documentation team is write on this documents in first page , but I see indian flag on this document language section.
I think this is a big mistake ,,

And i am a new linux user , i do not know much more on linux mint, so if you will say specific place where i do report on this error this will be helpful to many new linux user like me,,,, ("In your link i do not understand where to submit this..")

Return to “Other topics”