View WMF Crashes

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Caltrop

View WMF Crashes

Post by Caltrop »

I tried reporting this to Mint but they say it is not related to Mate Desktop.

PROBLEM: Viewing some WMF's causes the viewer to CRASH. This happens with all programs: viewers, caja file manager, whatever.

I don't see how this is not related but that is what THEY tell me.

I can edit these WMF's with my WinXP software and save them again which fixes the problem.
It has something to do with sizing. Apparently some of my WMF's were exported without size information.

Attached is the offending file.
You can view it with Mint Mate caja if you set it to list, icon view will CRASH caja.
Attempting to view with any of the Linux Viewers I have installed cause them to CRASH.
My viewers: Pix 1.4.5, Xviewer 1.4.3
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: View WMF Crashes

Post by Hoser Rob »

Of course it's not related to the DE. Ths issue is lower level and caused by the old proprietary format issue. Not uncommon in :Linuix.

Tried Inkscape? I think that imports WMF.

Or maybe convert?:

https://coderwall.com/p/ky07ta/high-qua ... g-in-linux

Tip: that took me 30 seconds in a search engine to find.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Other topics”