Are programming-related topics on-topic on this board?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
otacon14112
Level 2
Level 2

Are programming-related topics on-topic on this board?

Post by otacon14112 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:50 pm

I was just wondering if programming-related topics are appropriate on the "Other topics" board. If that is a little too technical for this particular board, I can go to a forum specifically for that topic, but I didn't want to have to visit multiple forums if I didn't have to. I'm just asking because I don't want to clutter up the board :lol:

Thanks!
Otacon: You remember pre-ripped jeans? Manufacturers thought that just because people loved old, broken-in jeans, they would want to buy new jeans that looked old. So they purposefully...
Solid Snake: What do jeans have to do with nature and order?

deepakdeshp
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Are programming-related topics on-topic on this board?

Post by deepakdeshp » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:33 pm

otacon14112 wrote:I was just wondering if programming-related topics are appropriate on the "Other topics" board. If that is a little too technical for this particular board, I can go to a forum specifically for that topic, but I didn't want to have to visit multiple forums if I didn't have to. I'm just asking because I don't want to clutter up the board :lol:

Thanks!
Obviously somebody familiar to the programming tool on this forum may contribute. Only option is to submit your query.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
I am using Mint 19 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Are programming-related topics on-topic on this board?

Post by jimallyn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:25 pm

That would probably be OK, or there is Chat about Linux Mint (if your programming is related to Mint), Chat about Linux, or Open chat. Others may have different ideas, but as a moderator I wouldn't move a programming post out of any of those.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Other topics”