*SOLVED* Issue: "futex_wait_me" in Firefox

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

*SOLVED* Issue: "futex_wait_me" in Firefox

Post by Arch_Enemy »

After having issues removing an external USB HDD I found the issue was the kernel I was using.
I update the kernel but now am getting the "futex_wait_me" hang with Firefox again. I haven't seen that for ~2 years now. It manifests itself when accessing videos on YouTube.
I upgraded the kernel from 4.2.2-low-latency to 4.4.0-103-low latency.
Any ideas? I don't want to keep bouncing kernels around, but it would be nice to have YouTube working again.
Also, I am running Firefox 45. It has been working great for well over a year.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: *SOLVED* Issue: "futex_wait_me" in Firefox

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Again, bit by the kernel.

I had updated to the latest kernel for 17.3 in order to get my USB drives to remove completely, but the dreaed "futex_wait" issue I had way back when I first installed it reappeared. I dropped from 4.4 to 4.2 and can now remove drives and don't get the futex_wait.

ugh.

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: *SOLVED* Issue: "futex_wait_me" in Firefox

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Well, I THOUGHT it was solved!

Mostly happens trying to watch a YouTube video. Rarely happens other times. Annoying; locks up FIrefox completely. Usually you can wait it out on other processes, but not in FireFox.

Return to “Other topics”