youtube page not accessible

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mkvark

youtube page not accessible

Post by mkvark »

Since the last major upgrade of the Firefox browser (when its appearance changed) I observe that the youtube.com web page does not load properly: every day it refuses the access to it displaying the message "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site. We can’t connect to the server at www.youtube.com. The very same days these "no access" periods are randomly interrupted with the periods when the youtube page loads either with no problem or with empty pictures for individual videos. In the latter case the videos play after clicking on them. My computer runs the Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OS.

The youtube is the only webpage where I experience this kind of problems. All other pages on the internet seem to load properly.

My children experience the same problem with the youtube page on their computer. The no-access periods do not seem to be always correlated on these two computers but I m not sure. Their computers also runs the Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OS.

My wife's computer that runs MS Windows does not experience this problem at all. All three computers I mentioned here access the internet via the same internet provider and via the same wifi access point.

The same problem experienced with the Opera and Chrome browsers when installed on my computer.

The same problem occurred under the Linux Mint 18.3 OS when I booted my computer from the USB stick.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Re: youtube page not accessible

Post by Rocky Bennett »

Reboot your router.

Return to “Other topics”