[SOLVED] LinuxMint Sonya Cinnamon opens infinite folders

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
3Rton
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] LinuxMint Sonya Cinnamon opens infinite folders

Post by 3Rton » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Linux so I don't really know any of the jargon, please excuse me for that. I installed Mint on UDOO x86 device for use in living room for my father around six months ago.
Everything has been going pretty well (He mostly uses it for browsing, in this case the chrome version from Google's webpage.)
However, yesterday he told me to look at it because nothing worked. The cursor was unresponsive I could see from the bottom bar that new folders were opening like crazy. I couldn't do anything so I plugged the power and waited a bit before restarting. After boot it goes to log in screen but again folders start appearing like plague on the bottom bar and nothing responds.

Is there a known source for this kind of issue and relatively simple way to fix it? :(

orschiro
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LinuxMint Sonya Cinnamon opens infinite folders

Post by orschiro » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:40 am

I recommend booting from a live cd, chowning into his system and removing the file manager. Do you know which one it is that is opening those folders?

And you say the system becomes completely unresponsive directly after boot?

3Rton
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LinuxMint Sonya Cinnamon opens infinite folders

Post by 3Rton » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Turns out the button in keyboard for opening explorer was just stuck down. . _. Sorry about this.

Moem
Level 17
Level 17

Re: [SOLVED] LinuxMint Sonya Cinnamon opens infinite folders

Post by Moem » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:37 pm

No problem... hardware issues can always happen. I marked the topic as SOLVED for you, you can also do that for your own topics. :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Other topics”