lm18.2-64 Cinn Is my xampp installation secure against transmission exploit?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sadhu
Level 5
Level 5

lm18.2-64 Cinn Is my xampp installation secure against transmission exploit?

Post by sadhu »

See https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... -computer/

I have run the xampp-security script, setting passwords for xmapp, mysql, and phpmyadmin. Also, ufw is active. Is this enough to protect against the exploit mentioned in the article?

I'm not running any kind of network, except occasionally connecting my laptop to my desktop via LAN null modem cable, then running rsync.

-Thanks
-Sadhu
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā. LM 21.2-64 Cinn 5.8.4
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: lm18.2-64 Cinn Is my xampp installation secure against transmission exploit?

Post by Moem »

I just got an update for Transmission today. Did you get and install that, too?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
sadhu
Level 5
Level 5

Re: lm18.2-64 Cinn Is my xampp installation secure against transmission exploit?

Post by sadhu »

Moem wrote:I just got an update for Transmission today. Did you get and install that, too?
Yeah, I did. But I prefer Deluge.
sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā. LM 21.2-64 Cinn 5.8.4
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

If you don't use Transmission why do you care whether it's been patched or not?
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Other topics”