[SOLVED] Broken text

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Heinz033

[SOLVED] Broken text

Post by Heinz033 »

Hi.
I am running Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon. I recently installed Ubuntu Unity3d desktop, used it for about two weeks, but din't like it, so I un-installed again.
From then all the text under my Desktop icons, in Terminal and even in many of my text files are broken (letters missing making many unreadable).
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. Please help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Broken text

Post by catweazel »

When you did that you created a frankendesktop. It's highly likely you'll have to create a new user and move to that profile. If that doesn't work, you might have to consider reinstalling.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Heinz033

Post by Heinz033 »

I created a new administrator account, logged in to it and logged back to my original administrator account and the problem seems to be fixed.
Thank you.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Heinz033 wrote:I created a new administrator account, logged in to it and logged back to my original administrator account and the problem seems to be fixed.
Thank you.
Well, while it wasn't the correct answer, it did give you the clue :)

I'm glad you got it sorted.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Heinz033

Post by Heinz033 »

Yes :)
but it was good enough to help me sort it out.
Thanks again.

Return to “Other topics”