Update failures?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
aamcle
Level 1
Level 1

Update failures?

Post by aamcle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:01 am

Update manager seems to want to update the kernal but has failed to do so on multiple occasions returning the following: -

Code: Select all

W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_GB) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5

Is this something I should ignore if not what do I do about it?

Thanks All. aamcle

Moem
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Update failures?

Post by Moem » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:03 am

No, this is something you should fix. It's telling you there are duplicates in your package sources list; an easy way to get rid of them is to open Software Sources and weed out all the double entries.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

aamcle
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Update failures?

Post by aamcle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:40 am

Thanks I'll do that.

aamcle

Return to “Other topics”