Recommended podcasts

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
majpooper
Level 5
Level 5

Recommended podcasts

Post by majpooper » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm

I listen to a weekly pod-cast - Security Now which is very informative - much of it is well over my head but I have learned quite a lot from it.

I was wondering what pod-casts related to computers and linux specifically do people on this forum like and would recommend. I searched for a few linux specific pod-casts but the ones I found did not seem very good.

DAMIEN1307
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Recommended podcasts

Post by DAMIEN1307 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:45 pm

hi majpooper.....aaaahhhhh...your referring to my old buddy steve...he has been doing these podcasts out of laguna hills, california for years now, only problem is waaaay to many long winded commercials but hes got to pay the bills somehow lol...he is mostly about windows but lets face it, thats where the money is since most windows users need LOTS of help just keeping their systems up and running, especially after borked cumulative updates every patch tuesday, but he does keep some linux systems running for himself and once in a great while he does venture out and discuss some things linux but not too often since he knows that we have great forums of helpfulness for linux users...for the windows users, steve of course is great with his podcasts as well as woody, (ask woody) bob, (ask bob) and leo, (ask leo) columns/blogs...between them all, they do offer great advice for those still unfortunate enough to still be using windows OSs...lol...DAMIEN

majpooper
Level 5
Level 5

Post by majpooper » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Well you are right about his emphasis regarding Windows and some Mac stuff as well but then Windows and Mac seem to have more security issues than linux. He also covers security issues that are not specific to a specific OS.

MintBean
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MintBean » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 pm

I like 'switched to Linux' on Youtube to listen to in the background. Not a podcast but I guess you could rip it.

sueede
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sueede » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:12 pm

.Sunday Morning Linux Review
smlr.us

.Mintcast
mintcast.org

.Ubuntupodcast
ubuntupodcast.org

.Going Linux
goinglinux.com

.Late Night Linux
latenightlinux.com

.Tuxjam (open source)
tuxjam.otherside.network

.And, majpooper, from Raleigh North Carolina,
but not Linux this one
www.computers2know.com

Hoser Rob
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Hoser Rob » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:10 am

I don't listen to computer related podcasts or YT videos much but this is a very good security blog:

https://www.schneier.com/

mwbworld
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mwbworld » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 am

There are some good recommendations above (Mintcast, Linux Action News) but I'll give a shout out to these:

Ash Noah (Linux, tech, call in show but often with guests and topics.)

Sunday Morning Linux Review (they tend to wander off topic a bit but still often usable and enjoyable.)

Going Linux (more focused and new user friendly)

I've also started following - Malicious Life (all about the history of bad things in tech - viruses, DDOS, etc.)
- Michael

majpooper
Level 5
Level 5

Post by majpooper » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 pm

I have checked out mintcast and liked it and Malicious Life which I thought was excellent.
still looking into some of the others - THX for the recommendations

Return to “Other topics”