How can I install Windows instead of Linux Mint Rebecca

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
paparomskiy
Level 1
Level 1

How can I install Windows instead of Linux Mint Rebecca

Post by paparomskiy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Hey everyone, I think there is enough skilled people on this forum to help me. Yes, I am stupid, don`t repeat it in replies. I istalled Linux Mint on my notebook Acer and tried to istall Windows 7, then Windows 10 Istead of Linux, cause Linux seems too complicated for me. I made my startup usb-stick with Windows, from BIOS set Legacy and first priority for my usb. Didn`t happen anything and just loaded Linux again, I think system justed skiped my usb with windows and loaded HDD. It didn`t work neither with Windows 7 and 10, BUT it worket with ubuntu. I don`t understand what is the problem. Made my startup usb with standart app on Linux Mint so it should be ok. I am super mad right now, cause I went from Windows 10 to Linux, but can`t istall Windows istead of Linux. Can somebody help me. If you know the problem , pls describe it , cz I use Linux only 2 days so I don`t even know how to install Google Chrome using terminal. Yeah and sorry for my english if I did any mistakes, it`s not my first language. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Neil Edmond
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How can I install Windows instead of Linux Mint Rebecca

Post by Neil Edmond » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Are you sure the Windows install USB is bootable? If it is...all you should have to do is set your BIOS (or UEFI as the case may be) boot order so that USB is first. Or, if there is an F key you can push to bring up a temporary boot menu, do that, and choose to boot USB. Once you boot from the Windows install media, it should simply be a matter of following on-screen prompt to get Windows installed.

paparomskiy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by paparomskiy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Neil Edmond wrote:Are you sure the Windows install USB is bootable? If it is...all you should have to do is set your BIOS (or UEFI as the case may be) boot order so that USB is first. Or, if there is an F key you can push to bring up a temporary boot menu, do that, and choose to boot USB. Once you boot from the Windows install media, it should simply be a matter of following on-screen prompt to get Windows installed.
I think that my USB is bootable cause i Installed Mint and Ubuntu using it. Yeah, I tried to start from temporary boot menu, but it didn`t work. Both Windows were original and x64, as my system is. I think, the main problem is the way how I made my startup USB, all the time I used standart USB image writter, and it worked with Ubuntu. I tried to install UltraISO, but it doesn`t work with Linux so I hate this world for being so stupid, cz I could install Linux just on my USB, saving my Windows 10 :x

paparomskiy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by paparomskiy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:10 am

Problem is solved. I used WINUSB to boot my usb and it helped!

Return to “Other topics”