log out problem

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
chazb
Level 4
Level 4

log out problem

Post by chazb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 pm

i am a slow typer plus I proof read before I post. How do I reset my time on the Forum? Or keep the Forum from logging me out? Or is there away to automatically save to drafts what I am working on, should the Forum log me out. Or get the Forum to give me a say two minute warning that am about to be logged out?

WharfRat
Level 20
Level 20

Re: log out problom

Post by WharfRat » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:13 pm

I know the forum will log you out after some time of inactivity, but I've never timed it.

However there is a Save Draft option in the reply screen, but it's not automatic.
Draft.jpg
ImageImage

chazb
Level 4
Level 4

Post by chazb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:17 pm

I guess I'll just have to remember to highlite and save/copy, periodically as i write. The last I had this problem here, was to my browser's back arrow to find my post.

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Cosmo. » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:28 am

Open a second tab in the browser with the main index of the forum showing. Refresh this second time after some time, so the server knows, that you are still alive.

Termy
Level 5
Level 5

Re: log out problem

Post by Termy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Strange. I'm always logged in. When you log in, do you select for the forum to remember you?
Here to help.

I'm LearnLinux (LL) on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfp-lN ... naEE6NtDSg
I'm also terminalforlife (TFL) on GitHub: https://github.com/terminalforlife

Return to “Other topics”