log out problem

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

log out problem

Post by chazb »

i am a slow typer plus I proof read before I post. How do I reset my time on the Forum? Or keep the Forum from logging me out? Or is there away to automatically save to drafts what I am working on, should the Forum log me out. Or get the Forum to give me a say two minute warning that am about to be logged out?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: log out problom

Post by WharfRat »

I know the forum will log you out after some time of inactivity, but I've never timed it.

However there is a Save Draft option in the reply screen, but it's not automatic.
Draft.jpg
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

Post by chazb »

I guess I'll just have to remember to highlite and save/copy, periodically as i write. The last I had this problem here, was to my browser's back arrow to find my post.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Open a second tab in the browser with the main index of the forum showing. Refresh this second time after some time, so the server knows, that you are still alive.
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Re: log out problem

Post by Termy »

Strange. I'm always logged in. When you log in, do you select for the forum to remember you?
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.

Return to “Other topics”